The Montana Agriculture Adaptability Program (MTAAP) was created to relieve small and medium-sized food and agriculture businesses in responding to the COVID-19 crisis through business adaptation and diversification.
Applicants must demonstrate how financial assistance would make an immediate impact to their operation in adapting to COVID-19. Projects should aim to increase community resilience to pandemics and other economic disruptions, while also creating additional economic activity and bolstering food security. Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to, those focused on accessing new markets, projects which strengthen and expand local food systems, and other business adaptations that decrease food and agricultural waste.
- Total funding available $500,000
- Maximum application amount $10,000
- Reimbursable expenses must occur between March 1 and December 1, 2020.
- Based in the state of Montana
- Must be registered with the Montana Secretary of State.
- May not be debarred or suspended from receiving federal or state funds
Funding may be used for:
- Maintaining compliance with CDC and DPHHS recommendations
- Other business adaptations and diversification activities
Funding may not be used for:
- Replacing lost sales
- Engaging in lobbying activities
- Travel expenses
- Entertainment expenses
Applicants will be reviewed and ranked for funding based on:
- Funding's impact on relieving impacts of COVID-19
- Demonstrated need
- Potential impact to Montana’s agriculture economy
- Timeline for implementation
- Impact on community resilience and food security
Applications for programs will be accepted on a rolling basis beginning May 7. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis until all funds are expended, or until Dec. 1, 2020, whichever is first.
Mobile Users: Please note file uploads may not work on all mobile devices
We recommend using the Chrome [salesloft.submittable.com] or Firefox [salesloft.submittable.com] browser, if possible.
Please note that certain elements of our platform -- including file uploads -- may not run as efficiently on Explorer, or older versions of Edge [salesloft.submittable.com].
Need help downloading Chrome or Firefox? Here are some links to help:
google.com [google.com] Google Chrome - Download the Fast, Secure Browser from Google(opens in new tab) [salesloft.submittable.com] Mozilla Download the fastest Firefox ever(opens in new tab) [salesloft.submittable.com]
Please note that it will not be possible to edit your application once it's submitted; to make changes you'll need to withdraw your application and resubmit. We encourage you to take your time and fill out the application completely and accurately and review before submitting.