- DEADLINE: Final Deadline is November 15, 2020.
- In order to be eligible for the Business Adaptability Grant, businesses must have been in existence as of February 15, 2020.
- Businesses may apply for reimbursement to this program for up to a maximum of $10,000 (Previously $5,000)
- Businesses that have already applied during the period June 1, 2020 to July 26, 2020 may submit a second (new) application to receive the difference between their original award and $10,000.
- Businesses must submit all itemized receipts, invoices at the time of application.
- Businesses that have already applied during the period June 1, 2020 to July 26, 2020 must submit new payment receipts and include the itemized receipt documentation spreadsheet included in the application.
- Costs must be PAID - and proof of payment must be clear and included with the itemize invoice/receipt documentation
- Recommended browsers - Chrome or Firefox (more info below if you need help downloading or have technical issues)
The Montana Business Adaptability Grant has been created in response to the costs businesses and nonprofits in Montana incurred to adapt to the new business environment caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The program will provide reimbursement for COVID-19 expenses related to keeping staff and customers safe – from the purchase of personal protective equipment to resources needed for staff to work remotely.
Eligibility Requirements - To be eligible to apply, businesses must meet all the following eligibility requirements:
· Montana-based business or nonprofit
· In good standing with the Secretary of State or Local Tribal Government
· Has incurred costs since March 1, 2020 to adapt to COVID-19 business restrictions
Ineligible Uses of Funds -
· To receive federal funds, may not be a marijuana-based business.
· Payroll expenses (see Business Stabilization program if you have these COVID-related costs)
Maximum Award: Maximum reimbursement per applicant up to $10,000.
Funds can be used for: Grants will provide reimbursement for costs incurred by businesses to offset costs of COVID-related supplies, communications, repairs and maintenance, travel costs and training to allow them to adapt to COVID-19 restrictions.
Examples of costs eligible for reimbursement is provided below.
- Software/Hardware to encourage remote work
Repairs & maintenance
- Replacement of porous surfaces with non-porous for ease of sanitation
- Repairs & maintenance Remodel to add drive-through or curbside services
- Installation for plexiglass or other barriers
- Contracting expenses for installation of equipment
- Cleaning services
- Training costs for Covid Safety in food service
- Plexiglass or other barrier materials
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Cleaning Supplies
- Hand Sanitizer
- Thermometers/Temperature checks
- Printing & Signage
- Floor markings for social distancing
- Caution tape or similar supplies for blocking off certain areas
- Hand Washing Stations
- N-95 fit testing or fit testing equipment
- Stations for controlling client/customer movement
- Self-checkout kiosks
- Isolation and ventilation modification for ambulance vehicles
- Office furniture to encourage remote work
- Office supplies to encourage remote work
- Point-of-Sale (POS) systems to minimize customer/cashier interaction
- Hotel for quarantining employees
Mobile Users: Please note file uploads may not work on all mobile devices
Use Chrome or Firefox:
We recommend using the Chrome [salesloft.submittable.com] or Firefox [salesloft.submittable.com] browser, if possible.
Please note that certain elements of our platform -- including file uploads -- may not run as efficiently on Explorer, or older versions of Edge [salesloft.submittable.com].
Need help downloading Chrome or Firefox? Here are some links to help:
Google Chrome - Download the Fast, Secure Browser from Google(opens in new tab) [salesloft.submittable.com]
Download the fastest Firefox ever(opens in new tab) [salesloft.submittable.com]
If you need help:
Before you Submit: Once you click submit at the bottom of your application, it will become locked and you will not be able to edit. To make changes, you would need to withdraw your application and resubmit.
We encourage you to take your time and fill out the application completely and accurately and review before submitting.